Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Monday

Thursday night Sam brought the kids over. We had hamburgers,taco salad,broccoli salad,and potato wedges. Friday Ken was supposed to go into work ( on his day off) for a meeting but they called and canceled it. Friday morning we had to drop the car off at Firestone for inspection. G"tting ready to leave we realized we didn't have car seats..So we dropped the car off and went to Walmart to get booster seats. It makes it easier for the boys to see out the window. After Walmart we went out to breakfast. Then we came home and got the grocery list and bags and took off for grocery shopping. We decided to go to the zoo so I packed yogurt,grapes and marshmallows for the kids. We get the zoo membership every year so it didn't cost us anything. About half way through it got dark and started thundering so we headed for cover. It started raining so I decided it was a good time to let the kids eat. Ken says, " Um its hailing". We were under the roof where you can watch the sea lions from up above so there was a wall on one side..glass on the opposite side and the other 2 sides were open so the hail was hitting the ground and bouncing inside. The kids had a blast eating and chasing hailstones around. Well until it thundered really loud. Colin doesn't like loud noises..he gets that from his Nana..so he cried a little and sat on my lap. Finally it quit thundering and he was fine again. Then the sun came back out and it got hot again. Weird weather. When we left there Ken says to me," What were you planning for supper?" I said, "Probaby chicken nuggers and fries". I got "Oh"...that usually means he has a different idea. I said, "What?" "Oh I was just thinking I haven't eaten at Monte Alban yet and seeings how they're putting one in Webster I thought I should try it"...I almost laughed right out loud..but I said," Oh ok, we can try it if you want" So I didn't cook at all Friday...Yeah me!!!!!!!!!! Saturday I made breakfast for everybody and at 11:20 we had to be at church to get our picture taken for the church directory. Jen is in Tennessee so it was just Ken and I. Its the first time we've ever had a professional pic of the 2 of us done. It came out pretty good so we ordered some for the parents and the kids. We just hung out at the house the rest of the day coz we were still tired from our day at the zoo. James stopped over on his way home from he and Nicole having their pictures done. He played with the boys for awhile and then he had to go meet some friends for dinner. Poor Nicole had to work. We also had a birthday party for Shaun. We got a cake and lit a candle and the kids sang Happy Birtday. I took a video of it and sent it to him.He sent me an e-mail this morning thanking me and said he really enjoyed it. Sunday morning Sam texted me and asked if she could pick the kids up instead of me bringing them home coz she was in Niagara Falls visiting her best friend. I said sure no problem so I got to spend a couple extra hours with my grandkids. Oh yeah and I did my laundry Saturday so I don't have to do it today. And I filled the pool with water so the kids could "swim" this week end. We had a very busy very fun filled week end...Now its back to work for Ken. He works 4 days this week, then he has 4 days off,(Friday is the day they have off for 4th of July but he doesn't work Friday so they're giving him Monday off) then he works 3 days and has 3 days off. I like that he has Fridays off. So I guess that's it for now..I'll put up a pick of the kids and the birthday video....


1 comment:

Nicole said...

I get teary eyed everytime i watch it!!!!!!! :'o(