Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What I did yesterday

Ok...before I do anything else I'm going to tell you what I got accomplished yesterday. Got up at 5:30 AM..made Ken's coffee, packed his lunch, made him breakfast. Sorted the laundry and threw the first load in the washer. Ate breakfast while doing my devotions. Hung laundry on the line. I was done with all 3 loads around 8:30. That gave me an hour to catch up on my e-mail and read the blogs I follow. Wanted to go to the library and the bank..library doesn't open until 10 I was going to walk and needed to stop at the bank on the way so I left the house at about 9:35. While I'm walking my mom calls so I talk to her as I walk. Go to the bank...walk over to the library..still 10 minutes early. I've decided I want to read Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series in chronilogical order so I checked online before I left and yes Webster library has all nine books. Only when I get there the first book has been checked out. Got the next 3 and knew it would be a day or two before I could start reading them anyway so figured I had plenty of time to locate the first book. Leave the library my cell phone rings...its Ken. Jen is leaving for Tennessee Saturday for 4 or 5 weeks but has a dentist appointment on the 30th. The dentist has an opening at 3:20 would it be possible for me to take Jen? Light bulb moment...ok but it'll cost you...what? Stop at Fairport library on your way home and pick up Tom Clancy's Patriot Games...yes!!!!!! Come home its about 10:40..throw the grass catcher on the mower and mow the lawn..depositing the grass clippings along the back of the garage...another place I want to put a grow bed but right now only grows weeds. Stop at noon to eat lunch. Nicole calls and we talk for 15 or 20 minutes. Back out to finsih the lawn at 12:30. I ran out of garage just as I finished mowing the lawn..thank you Lord. Now its 1:45, still an hour till Jen gets out of school. Take the clothes off the line, fold and insert in laundry baskets. In process of I get stung by something. Still not sure what it was but I definitely got stung. Little red mark that swelled slightly to a little smaller then a dime. Take the clothes in and leave at 2:30 to get Jen and take her to the dentist. Walk in the dentist office and the receptionist says, Hi Diane...your daughter decided to take the appointment huh? Kind of strange remark until 10 minutes later when Ken calls and says he forgot to call the dentist office back and tell them she'd take the appointment.. How good is the Lord that HE held that appointment for us?? Very very good. Came home and got potatoes ready to throw in the oven and steaks out to thaw. After supper we did dishes and started to play WII. Then my MOmmy called and needed me to do some stuff on the internet for her..just as I finished that Nicole came over to pick up her cake for their anniversary that she'd ordered and I picked up for her Sunday. In the middle of the night we had some pretty good thunder and lightening storms..Now the sun is out and its warm...I could handle stormy nights and sunny days.

No comments: