Monday, September 29, 2008

Here I Is

Ok..lets see...what's I been up to? Not much really....Friday Jen and I went out to lunch with Nicole...Wendy's. Then I came home and finished packing for the Lady's Retreat that my church hosted. It was awesome..It went from 4 PM Friday till 4 PM Saturday. Food, fun, fellowship and lots of talks. This years theme was redeeming the time. They did something a little different this year too..They had breakout sessions in addition to the usual mini golf, crafts, skeet shooting, paddleboats. The seasons of life Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. 4 different ladies in 4 different seasons of life. A young lady who just got married this year did Spring, another young lady but one who's been married 8 years and has 6 children did Summer, a lady who's been married a long time and whose kids are mostly grown and has grandchildren did Fall and a dear elderly woman did Winter. Such inspiration the week end was. In addition we have Pastor Greg Baker and his wife Melissa as our main speakers. He is the Pastor at Faithway Baptist Church in Ajax, Ontario..a suburb of Toronto. And we didn't have to cook...the youth pastor, 2 other men, 5 teen boys and 3 not yet old enough to attend the retreat young ladies made our meals. Friday night was Chicken Parm and spaghetti, tossed salad, and chocolate cake . Saturday morning breakfast was bagels, english muffins, eggs, pancakes, bacon, peaches and muffins. Lunch was Conqueso soup, cheddar broccoli soup, chicken noodle soup, rolls, peach cobbler and tossed salad. I didn't sleep much Friday night though. First the group I was hanging out with didn't head to bed until a little after midnight...then not every body came into our cabin until almost 1 AM and then the bed was very uncomfortable so I was up at 4:40 AM..like I said...not much sleep. I came home Saturday and slept from 5:30 PM until 7:30 PM...got up..ate and was back in bed around 9:30 PM and slept until 6 AM.
Yesterday James dropped Nicole off at 9:15 AM and she spent the whole day with us. Sunday school, morning service, then we ran to Wegmans to pick up rolls so we could have Italian sausage for lunch...then it was off to find Fairport Sweatshirts coz the 11th of October is homecoming week end and Ken wants to go to the homecoming football game. He graduatated from Fairport. Then it was off to church for night service and after that I had to take her home . But we had a great day..well I had a great day...I'm hoping she did. This morning I had to watch the shows I taped..The Amazing Race and Brothers and Sisters.... In between I did laundry but I'm really upset I had to dry it in the house instead of hang it out on the lines. Just wasn't time...tomorrow I go to my mom's and then run over and pick up my sister so I can get her up to the hospital when her boyfriend has his prostate surgery Wednesday morning. so I guess that's its for now...its 2 :10 PM and I"m not dressed yet... Suppose I should get dressed soon coz we have Open House at school tonight....see ya all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog.


Please visit:

http://holidayinparadise.blogspot.com
Good luck