Thursday, September 11, 2008

Catching up

Yeah...so I haven't posted since Tuesday afternoon but there's a reason for that...I been busy. Yesterday was my day to go to my Mom's and help her out. She hasn't been feeling real good since her bout with the blood clot in early February. She can't sleep sometimes and she's been feeling nauseated almost constantly. She goes next Wednesday for an upper endoscopy so maybe they'll find something then. Any who.......... I got there about 8:30 ish. She did get a little exercise yesterday. They have a circular driveway that runs around behind the house so we walked down the driveway to the mailbox and paper box...up the road and into the other driveway and back to the house. A little while later we walked out to the barn to feed the barn cats. She lives on a farm that is none working because her boyfriend isn't well enough to farm anymore. After a while we drove out to the garden in the golf cart and picked tomatoes and summer squash and I grabbed 2 of my spaghetti squash and a pepper. After lunch...spaghetti...my favorite ....I spent 2 1/2 hours mowing her lawn..2 1/2 hours with a 72" cut mower. That's 6 foot....yeah...big lawn. At 4 I left and drove back to the city to pick up my Nickle ( Nicole) to take her to the house so she could go to church. She and James only have one car and they don't work the same hours so 3 days a week she rides the bus. This was her first week and she says she likes it. She's got me wanting to ride the bus...LOL. Went to church...took Nicole home and put up a full length mirror on her bathroom door for her. Then came home and crashed. This morning I got up at 5...did my devotions, made Ken's lunch, read the paper and then when everybody left , washed, blanched and canned 7 quarts of tomatoes. Nope I didn't try dicing them this time..the little ones I threw in the jar whole and the ones to big to fit in the top I cut up. They just finished processing so I don't how they look yet. Now I'm trying to catch up on my e-mail....2 days not checking it....and catch up on my blog. So that's it for the present

No comments: