Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm done canning

All done...no more....I've had it. Officially I ran out of jars Monday so I juiced the tomatoes I picked Tuesday...28 quarts...which I had to put in the freezer coz where the heck am I gonna put any more? Well....considering I haven't even started using last years sauce yet I don't need anymore tomatoes...So between all the green beans I've canned this year and all the tomatoes I've canned and frozen we're gonna have a very limited menu...it has to contain green beans and tomatoes or tomato sauce. I think that means lots of chili, pizza, spaghetti, spanish rice and ummmm....green bean casserole. Or I can make homemade vegetable beef soup and use both tomatoes AND green beans. So that's what I've done today...besides eat lunch ( a tossed salad) and catch up on my e-mail...So now I'm going out to see how long I have to cook the pork roast I'm doing for supper and then I'm going to get my book...climb onto my bed...and read...yeah right.....or maybe take a nap....more probable.

No comments: