Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday

Wow..almost a week since I've blogged. Wednesday I had a Doctor's appointment. My quarterly..he said things were looking good. Of course I am on medicine so good means I don't have to take any more or stronger medicine. After the Doctor's appointment I went to Walmart and wandered around for an hour. I especially checked out their discounted items..They had 5-60 hour sterno emergency candles. I love burning candles. I only picked up one because they weren't marked and I had no idea how much a sterno candle went for regular price. When I got home I checked out the price online..$9.30...I paid $2.97 That's approximately 66% off. Thursday I had to go to the dentist.On the way home I stopped at Walmart again..to make a picture CD for Sammy of Kayla's party and to pick up those other 4 candles.
Also Ken kept texting me saying He loved me and he was bored and he had a surprise..Got home around 11:00 and at 11:30 he walked in the door. He'd had to go in on an emergency call Tuesday night which netted him and automatic 4 hours-paid for 6. They don't want them working overtime so he only worked 4 hours Thursday and had 6 off-paid. Nice. So he took me out for lunch. Then we went over to a friend from Churches new house and Ken put up 3 ceiling fans for him. I got to hold their new baby. He's such a cutie with his head full of black hair..Honest, he looks like he needs a hair cut already. Friday was Ken's usual day off so we did the grocery shopping and waited for Jen and my father in law to get here from Tennessee. They pulled in early afternoon. Dad took off to visit some friends and Ken,Jen and I went to the new Monte Alban that finally opened in Webster. Mmmmm Mexican food. I had a beef taco,beef enchilada, refried beans and rice. Saturday I did the laundry and mowed the lawn. Had to get that out of the way as I was supposed to pick the kids up Sunday night for the week. Dad called and asked if we wanted to go out to supper..his treat. Hey, we never turn down a free meal. Mom called and said there were severe thunderstorm/hail storm warnings. A tornado had touched down in corfu and possibly in Hilton. All we got were down pours and a little thunder and lightening. Then Ken Jen and I went and saw G-Force. It was a cute movie. Sunday was church and we hung out in the afternoon at home with Ken's Dad. Back to church and then off to pick up my kiddos. I pulled in the driveway to see Colin running through a huge water hole in long pants. He's such a boy. They'd just had a huge downpour.Came home and put everybody to bed. Got up this morning, got everybody fed and dressed, said good bye to Dad..He's on his way back to Tennessee later today after playing golf for the first time in 5 years. He had gastric by pass surgery done earlier this year and he's looking great. He's already lost 90 pounds. Today (Monday) Loaded the kids into the van and took of for church. They're having vacation bible school this week..9:30-12:30. Friday they have pony rides. I'm sitting here in the van catching up on my blog but I probably won't be able to post until I get home. In a little while I'm going to take off to Wegmans to get some stuff I forgot to get for the week. Then if the rain holds off we're going to go walk a couple of trails this afternoon and the kids may go swimming in the little pool I have for them if it ever warms up. So I'm sure I'll have lots of adventures to talk about and lots of pics from the week.

Well I guess this is going to get rather long as I forgot to post yesterday's blog. So as I was sitting in the van I thought,"Uh Duh!!!! I could go shopping at the Wegmans' near home, take the stuff home and then go back to church". So I did. After Vacation Bible School we came home..packed a lunch and went to North Ponds Park. Ate lunch and walked 2 trails to get 2 of our 6 trails we need for our $5.00 Wegmans gift card and t-shirt. The kids were pretty bushed when we were done. So home we came and they changed into their suits and hit the pool. After that Jen took them in and they watched Spiderman 1. I made supper and when Ken got home we ate. Boys went to bed at 8:30 and Kayla at 9:00. Off we went to VBS again this morning..I stayed this time. When they went to class time I went to the nursery and rocked the baby I watch sometimes to sleep. Came home..ate lunch and took off for another 2 trails and then realized that a 3rd was really close so we did 3 trails today...only 1 more to do. Today was a lot warmer then yesterday..We all came home sweaty. It didn't take long to chance into bathing suits and now they're all splashing in the pool. Lots of giggling, laughing and occasional crying but they're having fun.

No comments: