Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back from the land 0f the lost

Things were really busy when the kids were here..Ok..last Wednesday...Colin woke up crying saying his head hurt and he had a fever so I gave him some tylenol and took him in my room where the ceiling fan was running...He fell asleep and so did I. When we got up later he as feeling better so I took them to VBS. He still wasn't feeling good after and it was raining so we just came home and had a down day. Jen stayed home with the boys and the rest of us went to church. Thursday everybody was well again so after VBS we did our last trail. Friday Ken was home so after I dropped the kids off at church I came home and he and I did the grocery shopping. Friday was the last day of VBS so they had pony rides. The kids loved it. Dropped Ken off and we went to get our gift cards and t-shirts for walking the trails.

T-shirts

Got to be supper time so I decided to make pizza rolls..turn on the oven, turn and walk away and here a popping sound. Went back into the kitchen trying to figure out what it was. Sounded kind of like a lid popping off a plastic bottle. Don't see anything then realize the lights are off on the stove..OH NO!!! Ken goes down and resets the breaker but there's something wrong with the oven and though the burners work it constantly beeps because of the oven being out of commission. Oh great. 5:00 and we have to be to church at 7:00..run to K-mart buy a larger size toaster oven..So its been interesting figuring out ways to cook things without a range...we're doing good though...,rice cooker, large electric skillet, liddle griddle, microwave. We're going to have a guy at church look at it. Saturday we went to Seabreeze...7 hours of Seabreeze.

Kayla and Colin in front, Ian in back

Train ride

Sunday I took the kids home...its very quiet around here. I miss them. Monday was laundry and lawn mowing. Jen vaccumed for me and then we spent a couple of hours playing Skip-bo. Made supper, did dishes and then relaxed the rest of the day.

No comments: