Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Monday...and Tuesday morning

So I woke up at 4:15 yesterday..not only woke up but got up. Did my devotions, made Ken's coffee,breakfast and lunch and left the house at 6:15 for Warsaw. Got to Judy's about 7:30ish and set her up a yahoo account. Only problem was we couldn't read her e-mail. Kept getting an error code..ok the heck with it..Lets see if we can get her RoadRunner account set up...Yep..we did that. Showed her how to do e-mail and search for stuff. Now its time to take her to the Doctor. Do that then go over to Social Services so she can get some papers copied. Across the street to McDonald's where she bought me lunch. Nice!!! Then we went to Walmart. I got Kayla some clothes for her birthday and picked up a wireless router for Judy. Apparently Time Warner doesn't do wireless routers. Frontier gave me one and I didn't even ask for it. Try to hook it up and it didn't work..Ok..we'll start all over again. Plug the ethernet cable back into her computer...no internet..oh oh......not good. She calls Time Warner...one of their automated menu items is.."to reset your cable modem press...". She presses it and sure enough the modem starts blinking and we can access the internet again..Hey that was easy...lets try setting up the router again. Computer finally says everythings ok but....we can't get onto the internet. Arrrgghhhh. Open this window, push this, yank on that, wiggle our nose a little bit and tada !!!!!!!!!! We're on the internet and there's no cord attached. Yeah...what did I do?? No idea...don't care....its working. Leave her house about 4:30...later then I'd planned and now I'm rushing to get home to make supper for my hubby..fought with my phone all the way home coz we got the cheapy phones and they're C-R-A-P. Eat supper...lets go to AT&T and get new phones...ok...we pull in at 7:10..they closed at 7:00. In the mean time my phone has shut off...again. Turn it back on...there's a voice mail from a friend at church..she found out her son got his orders to Iraq. His first deployment and she's upset..My wonderful hubby says....go. So off I go to comfort my friend and assure her its gonna be ok..Its quiet in Iraq..he's a mechanic so he won't be in the thick of any battle. And besides the last time I talked to Shaun..(a couple of weeks ago) he told me he was so bored he was going crazy. We spent 2 hours talking and walking the roads around her dad's farm. Left her house at 9:45 and found out my hair dresser had tried to call me to see if I could baby sit today. It was to late to call her back so I figured I'd do it this morning. At 6:45 Judy called coz she couldn't remember how to do something or other..and now I can't remember what it was..LOL. Tried to talk her through that but I don't think I was very successful. We'll get it. Went over and baby sat for a couple of hours and then rode my bike back home and had lunch and now trying to catch up on e-mail and blogging and all that good stuff....Later

1 comment:

Nicole said...

timewarner does wireless routers but you have pay extra a month...really dumb I know...that why Hubbs got our own :o)