Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday catch up

oh boy....lets see if I can remember what I've done since Monday..Tuesday...nothing. Wednesday..waited all morning for the Safelite guy to come and put in my windshield. All morning it would be sunny, get cloudy, sprinkle a little. And I'm thinking please don't rain...There's no way I can get the garage cleared out enough so they can get the front of the van in and they can get both doors open. Noon comes and goes and still no windshield installer. I keep going to the door and looking out at the sky and checking wunderground to see where the rain is. Finally about 1:30 the sun comes out bright and the Safelite guy pulls in. Less then an hour he was done. And it cost me absolutely nothing..nada...not one thin penny. Thank you car insurance. Thursday I decided it was time to get the broccoli out of the garden so I could get the cabbage planted. Put it in the basin in salt water in case there were little buggies in it and decided to do the laundry as it was going to be a nice day. I was hanging out my first load when my hair dresser called and asked if I could watch the girls. I said sure as she didn't need me to be there for another 2 hours. Finished up my laundry, got the broccoli blanched and frozen...a whole 2 quart bags..LOL..got the broccoli plants cut up into smaller pieces and thrown in the compost bin..pics to follow. Went and waqtched the girls for about 3 hours then came home and made supper for hubby and I. Hubby went to band practice and I read and messed on the computer..and watched Big Brother. Today was a bit of a frustrating day for me..I like to get up early and get stuff done for the day..Hubby and my schedules weren't the same..I wanted to go grocery shopping..he wanted to putter around the house first. So I went out and pulled my lettuce which had finally bolted. We now have 3 huge bowls of lettuce in the fridge. I was going to mow the lawn but I didn't have any gas, was too frustrated to want to go and get any and the grass was still wet. I wanted to use the grass catcher this week to do some more mulching and I don't think wet grass would have been good. Finally we went grocery shopping. We went to Palmers and got 2 boneless pork loins for 1.69 a pound...

Time out while I help Hubby cut it up.

Final tally....25 thick pork chops, 2-1 lb pkgs of pork chunks for stirfry and 3 pork roasts..2-3 pounders and a 1 1/2 pounder. Not bad for $30. About 11 meals of pork. We also went to Aldi's and BJ's. Ok..off to upload some pictures.


The Grandkids Colin Kayla and Ian taken a couple of weeks ago


Other 4x4 bed with 3 Romas in the back and where once was and shall be again lettuce.

Compost bin in place



4x16 Bed with cabbage at one end and a zucchini plant at the other. Maybe I'll plant carrots in between.

One 4x4 bed with 3 Romas in back and onions in the front

1 comment:

pelenaka said...

I'm jealous wish I had the room for a bin!