Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gee Whiz...2 posts in 2 days.

So this morning I decided I really better get the lawn mowed. It wasn't gonna happen tomorrow coz its church day and it is supposed to rain a couple of days next week. Got up and did my Bible devotions..which consists of reading the Proverb of the day, praying over my Wednesday night and Friday night RU prayer lists and reading the devotional from 2 devotional books. Get dressed. Eat 2 slices of zuchhini...oh my goodness I forgot...I made a loaf of zucchini bread yesterday. I think my baking powder and baking soda may be a little flat coz the bread sure was..but it still tastes good. So I ate 2 slices so I could take my pills. Threw 2 gas cans in the back of the van and off I went to BJ's to get gas. Yesterday Ken filled up the car at BJ's in Henrietta for $2.50 a gallon..I paid $2.70 in Webster. Came home and it was still only 8 AM. Maybe a little early to mow the lawn coz of the neighbors ya know. So I finally took the windows off on the back porch. A few years ago I put screening over the windows so I could take the windows off in the summer. I finally got around to doing that. Then I started mowing the lawn and when I dumped the grass catcher Hubby mulched down stuff. I love mowing the lawn because its 2 hours of walking and frankly I could use the exercise. In the middle of that Hubby comes out waving my open cell phone at me..It was Judy..So I laid on the hammock swinging back and forth talking to her. See I didn't know it at the time but there was a reason I did the laundry Thursday and the lawn today. Monday ( my usual laundry and lawn day) I'm going to Warsaw to spend the day with her. She has a couple appointments she needs to go to and with her sprained ankle she would have needed to take the bus. Now I can take her. And she has internet but has no idea how to use it so I'm going to see what I can do about that. Also she's been typing recipes on her laptop but instead of making each recipe an separate document she's just been typing recipes onto a single document. I can't wait to see how long that sucker is..so I'm going to show her how to cut and paste each one into its own document. So just as we finished the lawn it started to sprinkle. Put everything away and come in the house to find out its only 11:30. Hubby and I round up the 5 bags of pop cans and bottles and take them to Wegmans. See today is probably the last day of the 90% lean ground beef for $1.99 a pound sale and I still need to make meatballs. So we went to Wegmans to take back cans and bottles and pick up a pack of burger and walked out $31 dollars lighter...pop open hot dogs, 2 packs of chips, burger, latex gloves, and 2 red box movies..While we were in the store we heard thunder..lots of it. Must have been a heck of a storm but by the time we came out it was only raining..darn. I love a good thunder and lightening storm. Came home made lunch (left overs) and I set to working making meatballs. We got 8 dozen plus another pound of burger in the freezer for tacos or sloppy joes or whatever. Once that was done we watched the new Pink Panther movie...It was pretty funny if not somewhat predictable. So that's it for me today.

No comments: