Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday..

Wednesday I did nothing...absolutely....nothing. Yesterday I took off at 9:25 to get my bike. Took me 25 minutes to walk to Angela's. Not bad. As I walked I looked at the houses and yards I was passing. That's something that doesn't happen when you drive. The sun was shining...the birds were singing and I walked. Got to Angela's and she asked me if I could watch the girls in the afternoon. She's been having headaches frequently and when her doctor ordered a CT they found a spot on her brain. He sent her to a neurologist who has ordered more tests and she had one of them yesterday. So I rode my bike home...10 minute trip, ate lunch, hung around the house and at 2:15 I left, on my bike again, and rode back over to her house. I only had to stay until her husband got home with the rest of the kids. The whole time I was hoping it didn't start raining because I had to ride home again. 4:15 he walked in and I headed out. Made it home fine..didn't rain until later and then it only rained for a little while. Of course I'd left my bike sitting outside so it got wet. We had a weird mix of food last night for supper. Steak, mushrooms,collard greens and parsnips..It was the first time I'd had collard greens and they weren't to bad. It might have been the first time I had parsnips too but I don't remember. I think today is going to be another do nothing day. Ken is going to a men's retreat tonight right from work so its just Jen and I until sometime tomorrow afternoon. We do go to church tonight so that should break up some of the boredom. Oh I forgot I made chocolate chip carmel swirl cookies yesterday. It's my groups turn to bring snack tonight and I had the chips so I made homemade instead of buying something at the store. So I guess that's it for now...........

No comments: