Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday

Yesterday I went to my mama's.. Project for the day was getting her purple martin bird house up with consisted of assembling said house and finding a way to install the pole. First we tried putting inside of an existing pole....to deep. Put some rocks in it...to high..thinking about mixing up a bucket of cement and pouring in the pole and then inserting bird house pole...uh...no that won't work because its a telescoping pole and the bottom section will fill up with cement and we won't be able to lower the pole...ok..dig hole next to big pole, wire bird house pole to it and fill hole with cement. That's what we ended up doing..and I tie wrapped a grocery bag over the bottom of the pole to keep the cement out. Put everything together...raise pole...oh my..that baby is high. But its up. Today she called and said she lowered it one section coz the wind was blowing it around. She bought me a set of solar yard lights for my birthday..I haven't put them out yet but I got other stuff going on right now. I will get them out eventually. Last night I had my appointment to have my eyes dialated..that was weird. But she said my eyes are in great shape...no tearing of the retina, no bleeding...I'm good for 100,000 miles or 1 year which ever comes first. Today is both banks and the library..I'm walking. Yesterday was 120 miles driving but I didn't pay for the gas...Mom did. And I took the car so all I did was top off hubby's tank...$ 17.50 which leaves $ 12.50 to put in the van the next time I drive it.

No comments: