Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday

What a week end...The weather has been beautiful..Saturday I got up and went out and ruffled up the soil in my 2 small grow beds. I don't know if I mentioned that last week I'd gotten a vegetable pack at BJ's..2 different kinds of seed potatoes, 65 each of white,yellow, and red onions, 2 garlic bulbs, lettuce,tomato and carrot seed. We went to Walmart and I got 2 cheap garbage cans. I'll be planting the potatoes in those. As the plants grow you add peatmoss and straw and supposedly the barrel fills with potatoes. We'll see. Then we went to Lowe's and I got a bale of peat moss and a bag of top soil. Then if was grocery shopping and home. I planted all the onions, garlic and carrot seeds in one bed..lettuce and spinach in the other. Then I covered both beds. One with my plastic tent and the other with a pane of glass and plastic. It serves 2 purposes. Keeps animals out and makes kind of a green house effect so the stuff is protected until the weather stays warm. I can't wait to see the first shoots poking through the soil. Yesterday was church and then we came home and had Baby Back Ribs, Macaroni salad, and Potato salad for lunch. Non traditional Easter Dinner I know but we'd just had ham a couple of weeks ago. We all took a nap and then back to church. After church we had Bagel Bites and Mozzerella sticks. Ken had to be to work 2 hours early this morning so I got up at 5:00 and made his coffee and lunch. Went back to bed but couldn't go back to sleep. So now its time to get myself out of bed and off to the gym..Maybe laundry today. Oh and did I tell ya that I discovered that its a lot easier to clean up the winter accumulation of doggy do of one dog then to pick up after 2? It only took me a couple of hours and 2 grocery bags to clean up the yard. Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: