Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday January 15th

Yesterday I went to my Momma's. I was just past the Geneseo exit doing 70 miles an hour when I realized the road was slightly icy... did I just feel the van slip a little??? So I slowed down to 55 and continued on my way. Got to Mom's and she said she had some jobs for me. The first was to move all her Christmas stuff to shelves so that when the furnace guys came today they'd have room to work. They're getting a new furnace because the old one has a cracked heat exchanger and they can smell fumes. Got that job done and then it was out to burn papers. Simple little job, load garbage bags into to golf cart...drive to burn pile....unload garbage bags, strike the match and let her burn. Or it should have been..almost to the burn pile the golf cart didn't want to go anymore. There's a certain sound it makes when its having electrical problems and it was making that sound. Oh great...we pushed that thing 3/4 of the way back to the house with very little help from the golf cart and then decided to walk up and get the truck to come tow it the rest of the way. I got an extra work out yesterday. My heart was beating so hard I could hear it in my ears. That was from the pushing coz once we started walking my system slowed down and I actually felt ready to conquer the world by the time we got back to the house. Got the golf cart back to the house and plugged in and mom decided to show me how to plow the driveway. Not as much fun as I always envisioned it being.Mom roasted a chicken and we had a chicken sandwich for lunch..man was that good. Moist and juicy. Then it was off to Nunda to get cat food and milk. By the time we got back it was time for me to take off and head back to the city to pick up my Nicole so she could come to supper and then go to church with us. I had a pork roast, potatoes and baby carrots in the crockpot for supper. It was ready by the time we got home so it was just dish it up, sit down and eat.

Today has been a very interesting day so far. First off I apparently exerted myself to much yesterday coz I slept in till after 6:00 AM. Got up, made Ken's coffe, lunch and breakfast, went downstairs and walked my 90 minutes, came up and took a bath while doing my Bible devotions and talking to mom on the phone. Today is the day I had to get my blood work done for my doctor's appointment next week. Figured I'd do all my running around as long as I was out coz it was snowing. First stop HSBC to cash some checks..pull up to the drive up thingy...you know...that tube thing you put your stuff in and send it to the teller...get my banking all done...remove money from tube..put the van in gear and just sit there spinning..ummm...ok...now what do I do? Just keep spinning until you get to pavement and the van moves..next to get out of the bank there's a kinda steep hill..Ok I can do this..just don't stop till you get to the top. Luckily there were no cars waiting at the top to pull out into traffic so I was just on enough level so I could get out. Slowly drive to the vampire lab. Walk in and there are 3 girls working and only me. That's why I go later in the morning...no waiting. Leave the vamp lab and head for Aldi's...starts snowing harder AGAIN. Go into Aldi's and grab the 2 things I have to pick up..walk up to the cash register...there in their cheapo bin is a box of Bran Flakes for .75 and 2 boxes of their Shreadded Mini Wheats for .90 each. All because the top of the box is crinkled...SCORE!!!!!!!!! Ken eats the Bran Flakes in a cereal mixture he makes and I eat Shredded Mini Wheats!! Yes!! Plus I bought a box of Multi Grain Cheerios when I was with Mom yesterday for like $ 2.00 or some ridiculous amount. I'm good for a couple of weeks on cereal I think. Stopped at ESL to make a deposit for Ken and almost slid into a car because the van didn't want to turn a corner...I wasn't going fast either coz I knew how slippery it was. By now I was saying to myself, " I just want to go home and not go out anymore." Got home safe and sound. Everybody drive careful coz I'd be tempted to leave you in the ditch rather then go out in that again.

No comments: