Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catching Up

Well after my bad Friday lets see if I can remember what happened:

Saturday January 17th- Not much happened. Ken and Jen went on visitation with the church and I stayed home and waited for my friend to call...the one who fell. She did break her wrist. There was good news and bad news..the good news was most of the bones she broke were little bones. The bad news one the big one she fractured runs along the blood vessel to the thumb and if she didn't get it looked at by an orthopedic surgeon it could shut off blood to the thumb and that would be very bad. Haven't heard anymore on that. Saturday afternoon we went to Walmart. Well 2 Walmarts actually. The one in Webster/Penfield and the one in Irondequoit. We were looking for a WII Fit. Lots of luck on that one..They sell out as soon as they get them in. May have to order it on line. Then we went to Wegmans to the RedBox to get a movie or two. Note to self: Saturday late afternoon/early evening is NOT the time to try and get a movie. I think they ended up getting Wall-E and Journey to the Center of the Earth. I didn't watch either one.
Sunday January 18- Sunday was pretty uneventful except for Jen and I going to pick Nicole up in the afternoon. We hung out at her place for a little while then came home and went to church.





Monday January 19- Ken and Jen started putting together 2 bookcases while I walked on the treadmill and did the laundry. Then Ken decided we should give blood. I spent about half an hour online trying to figure if Jen was old enough. She was as long as Ken signed a parental consent form. Off to Henrietta we go because Ken wanted to give double reds. We don't get a mile down the road...nuts..we need Jen's social security card...back home...they wait in the car while I try to remember where I put it...GOT IT!!...back in the car and off we go again...nuts... Jen just had her ears pierced on the 3 rd...do I remember reading you had to wait a year after a piercing? We get there and you only have to wait a year if the piercing was done with an unsterilized needle. We got them done at Claire's so she's good to go. Ken goes in first..a couple minutes later they call me. Go through all the rigamorol of getting registered and out to get my blood drawn. The girl I had was good on the finger pricking part ( I HATE HAVING MY FINGER PRICKED ) not so good on the arm stabbing part. So I'm sittng there giving blood and I say...hmmm I wonder where my daughter is...and the girl taking my blood says, Yeah and your husband. Oh I forgot about him but I just figure he's around the corner where I can't see him. Just before I'm done he walks out of a room...bandages on two fingers but his arm not wrapped in the clingy stuff they wrap your arm in when you're done. He looks at me and mouth's where's jen? I shrug ...I still haven't seen her. He walks out to the waiting room to see if she's there. Now I'm done...wrapped and sitting in the place where they give you sugar laden snacks and juice or water to drink. He walks in...she's not out there...weird....did she freak out and leave? NO her coat is still out there and its to cold to go out without it. We walk out to the waiting room..No Jen. So what's up with you not giving blood? His iron was to low to give double reds and they can't send him over to do whole blood for who knows what reason. He has to wait 24 hours. So I start checking registration rooms. The doors are glass with a non transparent film in the middle so all you can see are feet so you know if somebodies using the room. 4 rooms...empty...empty...feet...empty. The feet don't look familiar...then I recognize her purse. Ok..there she is. Apparently by the time she was ready somebody else had come in and they took them first...actually if my calculations are correct 3 other people went in before her. So now they bring her out and she's right next to the door where they feed you. I'm standing there talking to her and the tech tells me to go ahead and come in and gives me a stool to sit on on the other side of her. She was scared as all get out but I sat there and talked to her and kidded with her and held her hand and when he put the needle in she didn't even squeeze my hand. So we are now a family that gives blood..Nicole's turn..LOL. We didn't do much else except stop and get food for supper. Stuff to make my new favorite meal...Broccoli Salad and a Rotiserie Chicken from Wegmans. OH and a box of Kasha..buckwheat groats. That was supper.

Tuesday January 20- Jen had to go back to school but Ken had taken an extra day off. We originally were going to go away for the week end but then realized we couldn't afford it. So Ken spent an hour finishing up the smaller of the 2 book cases and then wanted to know if I wanted to go with him to get new shoe laces for his boots and we'd use the Olive Garden gift card for a door prise at a wedding reception we went to...and oh yeah..did I know where the Red Cross Office was in Greece...well yes as a matter of fact I do. So off we go to the Red Cross Office...he was going to do whole blood....an hour passes...this is getting ridiculous. What is it with these people disappering in the Red Cross places???? I'm sitting there watching you know who get you know whatted on TV ( It probably wouldn't have gone over real well if I'd asked to change the channel..and there probably wasn't anything else on anyways with history being made and all...GAG)...and a lady sticks her head around the corner and says," Are you Diane?" uhhh yeah....she motions for me to follow her...OH GREAT!!!!!!!!! NOW WHAT????? LOL...well seems Ken's iron level was a lot higher and their double red appointment had canceled so he took it. So that's what was taking him so long....Actually my first thought was oh my gosh he's fainted. He has an aversion to needles which is why he likes to do double reds because they can only do that every 112 days and he doesn't have to go as often. So they finally finished him up and we went to the Red Wing shoe store and got FREE laces for his boots..then went to the Olive Garden and we both got the all you can eat soup,salad and bread stick special. I had pasta e fagoli...oh man...that was so good...I had 2 bowls...2 bread sticks and 2 plates of tossed salad..hubbs had the same but he had some tuscano soup...it cost him $8.00 including the tip. Came home and he took a nap..poor baby. He and Jen both had to have fillings yesterday. Yuck. Ate supper...let him whoop me in WII boxing and a game of WII golf and watch Biggest Loser..I love that show.

Wednesday January 21- Today was my day...went to the doctors..I've lost 8 pounds...YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!! Blood pressure 118/80. Sugar down, cholesterol down...doc is happy with me...heck...I'm happy with me.. He's keeping me on the medicine but that's ok for now. I still need to lose some weight. I'm reading a book he recommended..Eating to Live. Pretty much its a push for being a vegetarian but its interesting and I'm seriously considering making some dietary changes.. Maybe not complete vegetarian but closer. Then it was off to the dentist for my quarterly cleaning..That didn't go so well...Dentist wants to pull couple of teeth. I told him I'd think about it and let him know in 3 months. Not only do I have to pay for the extractions but the work to my partial. I'm just not feeling that generous with my momey right now. I told him I had his number programmed into speed dial on my cell phone. The hygenist laughed. Came home and did my 90 minute tread mill work out. I didn't eat breakfast coz I was going from the doctor to the dentist and wouldn't have time to brush my teeth so the first meal I had was lunch...a tossed salad and a sandwich. I picked up some Focaccia bread....sliced off my quarter and added 4 slices of honeysmoked turkey..OH man that was so good. Now I'm just sitting her catching up on my e-mail and my blog. I guess that's it for today....;-)

No comments: