Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday

Everytime I replay that video of the boys doing the home alone thing I laugh right out loud ( which for some reason freaks the dogs out ) and fall in love all over again. Darn I love my grandbabies!!!! We actually had a down Saturday...Ken and I slept in until 8:45 AM!!!!!!!!! I mean..that's really sleeping in for us. Ken had to go get blood work done and he didn't do that until around 10:30. Then we went grocery shopping..Had lots of coupons in last Sunday's paper for healthy stuff so we bought a lot of that to try to give him healthier alternatives for lunch..usually its sandwich, chips, fruit snacks and fruit cocktail..Today it was a Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer, lite yogurt, 100 calorie snack pack fruit cocktail and veggie chips..A little more then I usually pack him but healthier alternatives then hitting the vending machine at work. I love my hubby...I'd like to keep him around for a while. Yesterday a lady at church brought me a sample of her Broccoli Salad..oh man!!!!!!! I fell in love. So today I did an internet search and tried to find something similiar and made an expensive trip to Wegman's. I bought broccoli, a red onion, and sliced almonds for the salad..I also bought grape tomatoes for tossed salads, mushrooms..just because I'm feeling the need for some and seedless grapes. Oh wait...back up....got up at 5:15..did my devotions....put together Ken's lunch, made him breakfast, sorted the laundry, kicked everybody outta the house, took the laundry downstairs and started it and walked for 100 minutes. That's long enough to wash AND dry the first load. Plus when I walk I read most of it...except for the 10 minutes at 4.0 miles per hour at 10% incline..then I'm holding on for dear life, huffing and puffing and walking fast. Ok...now...when I got home from the store I cut up and blanched my broccoli..you can leave it raw but I wanted to try it blanced, diced up my red onion, fried my bacon, mixed everything up and threw in my almonds and a handful of Mexican blend cheese. The dressing was 1 cup of Miracle Whip, 1/4 cup of splenda, 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar. It is so good!!!!!! I wanna call Ken and tell him to get home some we can have supper...NOW!! I will not go to the fridge to sample..I will not go to the fridge to sample...LOL.
Just got off the phone with my Mommy. I was going to go visit her Thursday but they're having a new furnace put in and apparently Thursday is the day they're going to do it...I don't like being cold and its supposed to be the coldest day of the week so I'm going down Wednesday instead. I haven't been down there since the Monday before Christmas I think. I've got to return her Christmas tree, slippers, apron, and cheesecake pan. The last 3 she left here the Saturday after Christmas.
Supper...supper tonight is going to be baked boneless skinless chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy or stove top stuffing or some kind of rice in my rice cooker, green beans ( home canned ) and hmmm...something else...now what was it?? Hmmm...what was that? Oh yeah!!! Broccoli Salad. Well its off to see if I can find the 2 GB memory stick I bought when the Staples in Penfield opened coz I emptied out my camera from Christmas without showing Mom the pictures. I bought her one of those digital picture frames for Christmas so I need to see which pics she wants on it. She kept saying everytime I'd bring her a new picture that she was running out of room to put them so I took care of that. Off I go to see if I can figure out how to put pics on the memory stick...

No comments: