Thursday, January 29, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Wow..a week since I've blogged. Friday was take Nick to lunch day. I went to Camille's in Pittsford and picked us up lunch and met her at work and we walked up to the cafe and sat there just talking and eating lunch and talking about the Kidz Club lesson she was putting together. Went and picked up the Grandkids in the afternoon...Ah the sound of little ones in the house. Went to church and afterwards went to get the boys out the nursery and Colin was being tended to as he had a bloody nose. No incident...just started bleeding. Finally got that stopped and he was fine the rest of the evening. When we got home I put a vaporizer in their room and let that go all week end. Saturday it was to cold to go out anywhere so we just played in the house. After Ken got home from work we decided to do individual pizzas so I ran to the store to pick up stuff for toppings. Got home and he started making dough and then asked me where I'd put the pizza sauce I'd just bought...OH OH...out to the store I go again. So Ian's pizza had just cheese...no sauce...crust..and cheese. Colin had sauce and cheese...Kayla had sauce and cheese...I had sauce, cheese, turkey pepperoni, peppers, onions, black olives and mushrooms....Mmmmmm it was awesome. Sunday was pack the kids back packs, go to church, out to lunch and then I took them home. The house always seems so quiet after they leave. Monday was laundry and that's about all I did before everybody got home. Ate supper, looked at Hubby and said," Baby? Wanna go grocery shopping?" I don't really thing he wanted to go but as he had to pick out some stuff for lunches he went. We got a 2 pack of roasting chickens for $.39 a pound..yep that's right 39 cents a pound. Not sure why they were so chead but we got almost 9 pounds of chicken for $3.00 and some change. We win. We've eaten one of them and didn't get sick so I guess they weren't rotten. The other one is in the freezer. Tuesday I baby sat for my hair dresser. She helps out with the food pantry at church and she and another lady had to make a run to food link. 4 of the kids are school age so they can stay at school but she had a toddler and a baby baby....I think she's 5 or 6 weeks old. Those are the 2 I got to watch...oh my word they are so adorable. The baby slept a good deal of the time and the toddler was just to stinking cute. I just sat there and watched her play. When Mommy got home she asked me if I'd be willing to trade baby sitting for getting my hair done. I jumped on that one. I buy my color plus pay her $25 to do it. Now I'll only have to pay for the color. That woman loves to barter. Once I bought a case of burger at Sam's club and traded 2 packages for 2 times getting my hair done. Yesterday was a pretty nasty day...(sorry Auntie) but it didn't stop me from going out in it. I had run out of books to read while I was walking on the treadmill so I'd started watching movies ( small TV with a DVD player on it in the basement) Well yesterday I watched Little Women and decided I wanted to read some of Lousia May Alcott's books so out I go....get in the van...spin my way out of the driveway and down to Aldi's to pick up garlic bread and spaghetti cheese ...oopsss back up..when my baby sitter got home Tuesday she asked me if we liked cottage cheese...she gave me a 5 lb tub of it..she said there was lots in the food pantry and it needed to be used up...we like cottage cheese but that's alot even for us...so I decided to make homemade lasagna. So after Aldi's I went to the library..grabbed 3 books and then decided to see if the new issue of Mother Earths News was in...it was...so I sat and read it. Mommy called and wanted to know what I was doing out in the nasty weather. I told her I was at the library. And that I had to go out later anyways coz Wednesday's I pick up Nicole from work...she eats supper with us..we go to church and then I take her home. Did all that and as an added bonus she did dishes for me. Thank you Nickle..I love you.
So I think my treadmill is getting to die...its making funny noises...the walking belt is starting to come apart and yesterday I almost killed it myself. My control panel shows:

Calories/FatCalories Time
Speed Distance Walked

well, when it gets to 100 minutes the walking belt shuts off but all the info except for speed is still there...put the speed back where you want it and continue on..when the hundred minutes were up I was watching the movie and not really paying attention to what was on it...Belt shuts off...I look down and all I see is...

********* **********
E03 ***********

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100 minutes of walking and I had no idea how many calories/fatcalories, or distance I'd walked. I'm standing in the basement on the treadmill..movie playing...yelling NO!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!! LOL...usually I only walk 90 minutes but I wanted to watch the whole movie and it was only an extra 30 minutes so I'd revamped my walk a little..I walked 60 more minutes and just added all that info to what I would have burned had I walked my normal 90 minute work out...I know I was way under but at least I have some idea. Since I was to the doctors in October I've been writing down all the info so I know how many calories I've been burning...right now I'm up to a minimum of 500 calories and about 164 fat calories a day...except Sunday's and the occasional Saturday.

Ok...I guess I should go do something...even if its wrong...later

No comments: