Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Catching up

So lets see....Saturday Ken and Jen went and got 5 movies at the library...Diary of Anne Frank, Pride and Prejudice, Gettysburg, The original Stepford Wives (sniff sniff), and Signs. Saturday we watched...Diary of Anne Frank, Stepford Wives and Signs...well they watched Signs...I only looked up at the spooky parts..of course. Sunday was Fellowship Sunday. Sunday School started at 9:20 and Morning service started at 10:45..instead of 9:45 and 11:00..then we had a meal at church...turkey,stuffing,green bean casserole and gravy...plus all kinds of dessert and then no evening service..So Sunday afternoon/early evening we watched Gettysburg.. 4 hours 14 minutes worth. That was one long movie..then we made homemade pizza. Monday Ken and Jen had off for Martin Luther King Day..we took back cans and bottles..went to Skips and got pork steaks for $1.49 a pound and italian sausage for $1.99 a pound and then went to Triano's and got a whole NY Strip Loin for $2.49 a pound and baby back ribs for $2.99 a pound. Then we went to Monte Alban for lunch and stopped at Mona Lisa and picked up desserts to eat at home. Ken got a gelato and because I was afraid it was going to melt before we got home I was spooning it into his mouth while he drove. LOL..we got home...he sliced up the loin into steaks and cut the ribs up into 3 or 4 rib sections and we put those in the freezer to freeze so we could pack them separately. Then we watched Pride and Prejudice. Yesterday I went to the doctor. It was my 3 month check up but I'd been having pressure in my chest so he did an EKG, had me do a blood test and sent me for an Echo/Stress test. EKG looked ok...blood test came back normal and Echo/Stress showed nothing so I guess I'll live a little longer. Today I called and made my appointment for my yearly mammogram which is long overdue, cancelled my health insurance (Ken has better insurance ) packed the ribs in a double freezer ziplock bag and individually sealed the NY Strips in vaccum bags, then I came to the library for some quiet time. So that's what I've been up to. Tomorrow my mom and sister are coming..Mom has a doctor appointment tomorrow and my sister has one Friday. Also my inlaws will be in town tomorrow. They're taking us out for supper for out anniversary which is Friday...10 YEARS !!!!!! Can ya believe it...so I guess thats all I have to say for now...later

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - you have been busy! Glad you're going to live a LOT longer!!!! I had no idea your 10th anniversary was coming up. Congratulations!! I am still trying to work everything out with my "situation". I am still trusting God to restore things - one day at a time - but i want to fix everything NOW!!! Typical male, I know. Especially when it's all my fault I'm in this mess any way. But, as God continues to help me every day, I won't make those mistakes again. See Nicole's blog for comment from me that sums everything up.....lol - at least if she publishes it! It could have been ( probably should have been) my own blog, rather than a comment! Anyway, I'm so happy for you, and so glad you're such a great friend. Those are few and far between, and I feel blessed to have one or two left at this point! Keep on keepin' on!