Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Its Started

This morning I just couldn't stand it anymore...oblivious to the fact that it was only 25 degrees out...the sun was shining...sunshine= spring time..(to my little pea sized brain). Spring time= planting time. So I put on my clothes...put on my jacket..and went out side to cover my first grow bed.
The ground...even in the grow bed is frozen solid but not for long...teehee..ok...at least not during the day. I want to be able to plant lettuce and spinach soon.
















Now I'm looking for heirloom seeds. Just a fancy word for seeds that you can grow from the parent plant and they'll have the same characteristics of the parent plant. I know its hard to believe but hybrid seeds don't reproduce true to the parent plant. is it spring yet? and can you tell I'm getting cabin fever? Which reminds me....I need to get a new hammock this year. Not the metal part that holds it...just the hammock part. So I can lay in my hammock in the shade, sipping my lemonade, reading my book and looking across the lawn at my green grow beds...when the laundry flapping in the breeze on the clothes lines isn't obstructing my view. I still have to get my lap top computer so I can zip around the internet from outside. I really miss Nicole's I used to be able to sit on the back patio and compute away. So many things I want...so little money...LOL

No comments: