Sunday, February 8, 2009

Busy few days

Yes it's been busy...Friday my Mom and sister came to the city coz my sister had an appointment with a dermotologist at Strong. They came in early and went with me on my weekly lunch date with Nicole. We went to the Pita Pit on the corner of Alexander and East Avenue. I love Pita Pit. Then off to Strong we went. We were really early because we weren't sure where we had to go once we got there. Ended up being just down the hall from the pulmonary doc I went to. So they froze the skin tags that she had and they're supposed to fall off. They did that with a wart I had once. After that we left and went to Highland Hospital where my cousing had some surgery done on her spine. Um...they went through her throat. Kinda weird but at least she doesn't have to spend days or weeks laying on her stomach. She was out of the hospital the next day. While there however she ended up with something in her eye. I about split a gut laughing at her and her hubby going back and forth. Got home in time to cook supper and then off to pick up sweet Mrs. Wing to go to RU. She said she had an x-ray done Monday and everything is looking good with her wrist. Maybe another 3 weeks and then they're gonna cut the cast off. Nicole and I had Kidz Club this week. Nicole so has a heart to teach kids. She shoulda been a teacher. Saturday I got up..did my devotions...went down and did my walking ( so far the treadmill hasn't died) and then we took off and did the grocery shopping. Came home...made lunch and did some computer stuff. Yesterday they had Battle of the Beaks at Nazareth College. The Nazareth Golden Flyers and the St. John Fisher Cardinals had a charity game with all the proceeds from ticket sales, T shirt sales and profit from the concession sales going to Golisano Childrens Hospital. Last year was the first year and they donated $ 4000. This year it was $ 11000. I was proud to have been a part of it. The Naz women's basketball team lost but the men won. I told Ken I wanted to go to more games. I don't care what games...I just want to go. Then we went out to eat at Mama Sans on Monroe Ave. I think they're a Vietnamese restaurant...I wasn't impressed. Maybe it was jus the meal I ordered...Broccoli rice / tofu and vegetables. It was pretty tasteless..no salt and pepper on the tables ,It probably was very healthy though...they brought hot sauce which kinda looked like salsa but i che wa wa....was it H-O-T. One drop and my tongue was on fire. Today after church we went to Applebees and I had a real meal. Steak with mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. I topped it off with a Hot Fudge Shooter...yep...definitely not very healthy but as Mr Food says, " OOOOOOOO so good." So thats it for now. OH wait...Shaun sent me his new address ( His 3rd since he got there) They finallly gave him his Sergeant rank... Yippee for my baby boy.

No comments: