Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finally have a few minutes.....

Monday I got up early as usual..did my devotions,made Ken's coffee, breakfast and packed his lunch..kicked everybody out the door and got ready to leave. Got out of the house around 8:15ish. Went to Albion and drove by my old house. Went up to County House Road and drove by my uncle's old place, Waterport and drove past our old house there on Oak Orchard Creek..I miss that place. Went up to 18..drove to Townline Road and went by numerous houses..3 Aunt's,my cousin's growing up home and our old farm house.Then past the former house of my adopted family..that's a family who isn't really related by blood or marriage but you consider them family. Into Lyndonville past my old school. Then into Medina to drive past a house we used to live in on Park Ave. But it isn't a house anymore..the house has been torn down and now its a medical office. Finally headed out to my cousin's. We hadn't seen each other in forever. It was good to see her and get caught up on what's been going on in each other's lives. She took me to 2 Amish stores. The first one was a general store of types...bolts of material, hats, some outdoor clothes, cooking utensils, oil lamps....the 2nd was like a grocery store...it was awesome. I was driving down one of the back roads before I went to her house and as I approached an intersection and horse and buggy came around the corner towards me...it was like being in Lancaster County, PA. We stopped at Tito's Tacos in Medina and had lunch...oh man was that good..Then headed over to Aunt Marge and Uncle Earl's..They live in a mobile home now in Medina. What a cute place they have. While we were visiting Donna's Mom Beatrice came in...haven't seen her in forever either. It was so good to be around family. After we left Aunt Marge's we went to where Donna's husband was working so I could say hi to him. Left there and went out to supper then back to her house so I could take a picture of her and her darling little Penny for her facebook account...then home. Let's see...I was gone from home..13 1/2 hours. Tuesday I baby sat for my hairdresser as usual. Nicole came over and when my hairdresser got home Nicole and I took off for Wickham farms..we did the corn maze, had ice cream and played mini golf. Then she had to go to school . Wednesday I had a 7:45 AM doctors appointment. I've gained 11 pounds in 6 months. That's not good. Considering though he said while my glucose and cholestrol levels were a little higher then last time they weren't to bad so I've got to work on eating better and less and working out more..So Jade and I took an hour walk this morning. At 9:10 AM I had a dentists appointment right across the street from the doctor's. I like when I can make the appointments that way coz then its one trip every 3 months. Left the dentist and stopped at the house and picked up Nicole who was here waiting for me and went to my hairdressers to get my hair colored (way overdue) and trimmed. Left there and did a Burger Kind drive through and headed for Henrietta to take Nicole to school. Its just something we've started doing on Wednesdays. Dropped her off at school and I went over to Sam's Club and got gas in the van,then ran over to Palmer's and got a boneless pork loin for $ 1.69 a pound. Then back to pick up Nicole. Then we came home and Nicole crashed.....hard. Then it was off to church. So other then Jade's and my walk this morning I haven't done much. I'm going to put the grass catcher on the mower and do the front lawn and put the grass and leaves in the compost bin.....so I've had my half hour break and off I go again.....

No comments: