Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Catching up

Had a great time with the grandkids this past week end though I was not feeling real good with the cold I was fighting. Saturday night we went out to eat and as we were leaving the restaurant I put my window down and couldn't get it back up...GREAT !!! Monday morning I called the dealership as the service center was opening and he told me to bring it right in...yippee...then I walked the 2 miles home...it sounds like a lot but I usually walk an hour when I walk and it only took me 40 minutes. Nicole came over coz she was going to let me use her car while she's in the Adirondacks with work..She'd been having trouble with her power steering so we went over to the dealership to have them see if it needed power steering fluid to find out it has electronic power steering so when I went to get the van I was gonna drop off the car.Dropped her off at work and then came home to chill for a while before I took my Auntie to the doctors. Took Auntie to the doctors, dropped her off at home and headed home when the dealership called to say my van was ready and I could drop the car off. $422 later my window goes up and down again. Didn't do much the rest of the day. Tuesday I went and watched my hair dresser's 2 little ones so she could go to the doctors. Left there and went home..shortly after I got home the dealership called to say Nicole's car was ready...Took me 40 minutes and 33 seconds to walk to the dealer ship to pick it up. 2 good walks in 2 days. This morning I got up with grandious plans to put the grass catcher on the lawn mower and mow/chop up the leaves in the front yard... to hear the drip drip drip of water flowing into the eaves troughs...drats !!!!!!!!!!! rain. So I went grocery shopping instead..well..stocking up grocery shopping. With all the sickness going around I'm trying to stay ahead so if we can't go grocery shopping because we're sick or a lot of sickness is out there and we want to not get it we'll have that option. Stocked up on kleenex, allergy pills and airborne. Stocked up on comfort food...canned ravioli, beef and macaroni, spaghetti with meatballs and dry spaghetti. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer so maybe tomorrow will be work on the lawn and do the laundry day. All in all I've been pretty busy..but busy is good.

No comments: