Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Dance.....

Jim and Nicole left San Diego last night at 10:40 (California time...1:40 AM for us east coasters ). I woke up at 4:00 AM to go potty and checked on the computer to make sure they took off ok...Yep...plane on schedule. Went back to bed but just kinda dozed on and off until 6:08. Got out of bed and found out Nicole had texted me at 11:08 PM, I'm headed home, i'm headed home !!!. I slept right through the text coming in. At 6:10 she texted me was I up yet? Their plane was due in at 10:40 AM in Buffalo. At 8:15 I couldn't take it any more and took off for Buffalo. I had to stop and fill the van with gas. As I was more then 2 hours early I took 490W and got off at the Bergen exit and took 33 all the way to the airport. I was still there at 10:00 AM....I sat right next to the board watching their flight inch its way in. Over the loud speaker comes,"Flight 1612 from Atlanta has arrived" Shortly after Nicole texted me and told me they landed...I told her I already knew...LOL. They finally came out, we grabbed...ok Jim grabbed...their bags. Nicole and I were to busy talking. Poor Jim had a headache and his throat was scratchy and croaky. Stopped in Batavia and got us some lunch...after 2 tylenol and a quart and a half of water his head ache was calming down and his voice sounded a little better. I took them to his Mom's to pick up their car. They were headed to bed for some much needed sleep. They didn't get much over night. I'm so happy they're home and someday when they catch up on their sleep I hope to see them again and all the pictures Nicole says she took.

No comments: