Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I'm up to

Today I'm canning...yep....canning..this past late summer /fall I didn't have enough tomatoes at any one time to can so I made juice..put it in 5 quart ice cream buckets and put it in the freezer. Well I made chili last week and used my last previously canned quart of tomato sauce.. Time to break out the frozen juice and cook it down a little. I ended up with 10 1/2 quarts. It won't last forever but hopefully for a little while. I've been searching for a chili bean recipe to can. I found a couple this morning and may try canning a batch of each to see if it's what I'm looking for. Not today though...by the time I finish this last batch of sauce I'll be done canning for the day. I'm thinking about making pizza crusts but I don't know if that will be today either. Hubby and youngest daughter are going to Tennessee this week end for his grandma's memorial service so I'll need something to keep me busy...maybe then. I want to start making a list and add to it every time I open a can of something...if they can do it I should be able to figure out how to. And figure out how to make some things I've really been craving...like..steamed dumplings and sushi..Hubby has me on a Japanese kick...gotta run..things to do.

No comments: