Thursday, September 3, 2009

What up?

I forgot to say in my last post that I dried a dehydrator full of tomato slices...that's 9 trays..Then I powdered them....a little over a pint of tomato powder. By adding varying amounts of water to it I can make tomato paste,sauce or juice. I can't wait to try it. I now have another 9 trays in the dehydrator. Already today I've been out and done the weed eating I've been meaning to do since I mowed the lawn Tuesday and emptied the garbage can that I've also been meaning to do since Tuesday that is full of pricker bush branches. We bought an electric steamer Saturday when we went grocery shopping. It has 3 trays. Tuesday I did brussel sprouts, a broccoli,cauliflower,carrot mix and baby corn. That thing is so cool. 3 different vegetables in about 15 minutes. That coupled with pork chops and Stove Top Stuffing was supper. Last night was BLT's and a zucchini,onion,green pepper mix...Not done in the steamer but fried in my electric skillet. The only thing bought was the bacon,bread and lettuce..no..sadly I don't have any lettuce growing in my garden. Tonight I think is spaghetti...homemade sauce. Don't know what else is going on today but its early.

No comments: