Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TSK TSK TSK

Me bad....I don't know why I can't seem to keep up with this blog..LOL. Ok..last Thursday...went to see my Mommy...we took down the fence around the vegetable garden and moved part of it to her flower garden coz the darn deer keep eating off her tulips in the spring. Then I mowed her lawn for the last time...I really mean it this time. Friday Nicole and I did our usual Friday lunch thing..Carmines at Pittsford Plaza this time. Its amazing how much talking we can get in in an hour. Saturday I went shopping and out to lunch with Nicole and her mother in law Mary. Nicole bought this time....yippee!!! We went to Jay's Diner in Henrietta. First time I've ever been there but it was kind of cool and Nicole said we were cheap dates coz I had a BLT and fries/ water and Mary had a piece of Carrot Cake and water...LOL..we didn't want to break her on her first...no second...buy. She took us to Mona Lisa for Mother's Day. Saturday afternoon Ken and Jen and I went grocery shopping...I know...exciting huh? Sunday was church and the Bills utter humiliation by Miami... how I miss my son...Buffalo/Miami games were always party day at our house. Yesterday was laundry...dried in the dryer..I'm a fair weather clothes hanger outer. And then I spent the rest of the day playing on the computer...catching up on e-mail. Got an e-mail from my future daughter-in-law saying the boxes still hadn't shown up and that her mouth was watering for that candy I said was coming..LOL. Last night was candidates night at church...Seven candidates were there..Judge Lunn, Judge Elma Bellini, Family court judge Gail A. Donofrio, county clerk Cheryl Dinolfo, Candidate for Congress Dale Sweetland, Andy Moore running for Penfield town council or something...doesn't matter to me...I live in Webster, and David Bonacchi running for Assembly 135th district. It was really neat to meet some of the candidates in person . To see them as real people. Our church choir..of which I am a participant did a song about America being strong set in time to a slide presentation of service men and women past and present. That was very hard for me because one of the pictures is Shaun's boot camp picture. I tried very hard not to look at the presentation as we were singing because I'd get such a lump in my throat when his picture came up. Just knowing my boy is over there. I'm proud of him and Heather and all our service men and women for the job they're doing over there. I did look up...just as his picture popped up on the wall but I made it through. I'm still doing my hour on the treadmill most mornings. Its not something I want to do but I also don't want to be on prescription drugs the rest of my life. So I guess that catches me up for now...I do have a few pics to put up so I guess I'll do that now.......



Kayla


Ian and Colin

My Soldier Boy


Shaun and Heather


No comments: